- 50 Allows for catch-up contributions to IRAs and qualified retirements plans.
- 55 If you are retired, allows you to take distributions from your 401(k) without the 10% penalty
- 59½ Allows you to take distributions from an IRA, annuity, or other retirement plan without penalty
- 60 Allows for start of widow/ widower benefits from Social Security
- 62 Allows for starting early Social Security benefits
- 65 Allows for enrollment in Medicare and the government drug plan
- 65-67 Allows for full retirement benefits from Social Security
- 70 Start date for enhanced Social Security benefits if you deferred claiming benefits previously.
- 70½ Mandatory required minimum distribution from retirement accounts must be taken no later than April 1st of the year after the year you turn 70½
If you have an important birthday in 2019, please let us know!